Quick Notes From CEC Management Comm. Mtg.
Just a few quick comments from last night’s meeting:
- We were 3rd of 20 Councils in Popcorn sales last fall. $750,000 up 40% over the prior year
- John Plumadore is acting Council Executive Director until Peter’s return
- recall that the Council fee for 2009-10 is $163. Third Member from same family fee has been raised to $110, first change to this in 5 years. $100 after Mar 1st. Full info on CEC website, sometime over the weekend.
- Budget for next Scouting year was passed. Of interest in Wellington, Barber continues to function on at least a break-even basis. Excellent management (or luck 🙂 ), thanks to our Camp Committee for their work.
- The Voting Member elections have now wrapped up. Ruth Millard and Tony Copperthwaite have been elected, C.J. Weir was acclaimed as the Youth member. 56 people were registered to vote, and 46 actually voted, 31 from Groups. FYI, for Wellington alone, we could have registered 55 voters. Good thing there’s always next year 🙂 hmmm…