Spring Registration – Advantages
Some of our Groups already do this, and it’s now become a CEC and National ‘good idea’ as well. With spring registration for returning Youth some of the advantages are:
- know registration in time to recruit leaders prior to starting in the fall
- training for newbies can begin earlier, and there is talk within CEC of running a WB I in late August for those who have missed training this year and require it for registration this fall
- a ‘real’ moving up ceremony for Youth THIS year several weeks before the end of the year. That way, when they come back in the fall they already have friends and know what’s happening in the higher section. Will eliminate the ‘well I don’t know anyone, I don’t want to go back’ issues. From the folks I’ve talked to, this is probably one of the most important things we can do for better Youth retention
- idea of budget for the fall.
- fall itself is MUCH easier with registration being smoother & easier as you’re setting up an entire Group in a couple of days
- program can start on time in the fall, with possible events in the summer as an intro for new members.
- I could go on, but you can see where this is going.