All Volunteers & Service Team Meeting – Tue Jan 20
For those of you who didn’t make the last All Volunteers Meeting, hey, we missed you. As some of you know, a couple of us took the National Commissioner’s Course last fall. Aside from the fact that it was an OUTSTANDING course, we spent a LOT of time networking with our peers. Among the many ideas I brought home, were a better idea of how other Areas and Councils are organised.
What most of you will admit, is having separate Service Team and All Volunteers meetings kills 2 evenings for many of us, when one would do. Secondly, with both meetings on the same night, there’s a better opportunity for networking among the two groups.
In addition, meetings for the sake of meetings becomes more and more difficult to justify. We all have demands on our time, and I would prefer that we use it carefully.
With all of that in mind:
– for the remainder of the year we’ll combine the two meetings on one night. Service Team from 7-8pm, All Volunteers from 8:15-9:15. Because we have had issues with Sun nights, we’ll do them on the nights currently booked for the All Volunteers meetings for the rest of the year. They move from night to night, so even if you can’t make one, you should be able to make another. Specifically, they’re booked for Tue Jan 20th, Wed Mar 18th, with a wrapup with the All Volunteers BBQ at Barber on Wed May 27th.
– for next year we’ll probably be going to a 6 week cycle instead of 8 weeks between meetings.
– the Service Team meeting is focused on program, and getting information to our Service Scouters. Emphasis will return to delivering information to the Groups being serviced by Section. We’re not so much interested in what you’ve done, as in problems you’ve encountered, and what you’re doing in the future. ALL PROGRAM ITEMS are welcome.
– the All Volunteers Meeting will focus on updating Group Commissioners on Program, Activities, and upcoming events (much like the Blog 🙂 ). Typically we’ll be providing some kind of presentation on topic. The next post deals with this months’ presentation. If you as Group Commissioner can’t make it, you should be sending a delegate prepared for questions and info for/from your group.
– we’ll take under advisement circulating the All Volunteers to other locations within Wellington next year.
If you have any comments or questions about these changes, you’re MORE than welcome to give me a call.